Friday Night Tipping Competition
By TVN TVN Tuesday, September 25, 2012 - 10:24 AM
Details of the revamped TVN Friday Night Tipping Competition, starts this FRIDAY 28th Septemberat Moonee Valley, full details at http://www.fridaynighttipping.com.au/fnt/
Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions form the basis for entry into this competition. The Organiser is ThoroughVisioN Pty Ltd ABN 33 100 040 033.
- The Tipping Competition will cover each of the Moonee Valley, Canterbury and Cranbourne Friday night race meetings starting on 28th September 2012 and finishing on 12th April 2013 (each a "Race Meeting").
- Entry to the Tipping Competition is open to the public who are or over 18 years of age. However, employees of the Organiser, agencies associated with this competition and their immediate family members are ineligible to enter.
Conditions of Entry
- Entrants can enter the Tipping Competition by registering their details via www.fridaynighttipping.com.au (the "Website").
- Each entrant is only permitted to enter the Tipping Competition once.
- Entry into the Tipping Competition is free.
- All tips for Friday night race meetings (Moonee Valley, Canterbury & Cranbourne only) must be placed via the Website no later than 15 minutes before the commencement of the first race.
- If an entrant does not submit tips for a Race Meeting or Race (as the case may be), then they will be deemed not to have made a selection and receive no points.
- The Organiser reserves the right to alter terms and conditions (excluding prizes), if it is in the interest of maintaining integrity and fairness in the competition, and registered participants will be notified of any changes to these terms.
- All decisions and actions of the Organiser relating to the Tipping Competition and/or redemption of the prizes are exercised according its absolute discretion and are final. No discussions or correspondence with entrants or any other person will be entered into.
- A failure by the Organiser to enforce any one of these terms and conditions in any instance(s) will not give rise to any claim or right of action by any other person or entrant.
Scoring and Judging
- For each Race Meeting, entrants are required to place 3 tips for each race of that particular Race Meeting ("Race"). The second and third tips for each Race will only be used if the preceding tips are scratched.
- In the case of a dead heat between two horses in a Race, the points of their respective places are to be added together and divided by 2.
- Points for each Race will be awarded as follows:
(a) if the Entrant tips the horse that finishes first, the Entrant receives 5 points for that Race;
(b) if the Entrant tips the horse that finishes second, the Entrant receives 2 points for that Race; and
(c) if the Entrant tips the horse that finishes third, the Entrant receives 1 point for that Race.
- One weekly prize will be awarded to the entrant with the highest aggregate points from the combined Friday night race meeting/s on that particular night (Moonee Valley, Canterbury & Cranbourne only).
- One major prize will be awarded to the overall winner, being the Entrant who has the highest amount of points for all Friday night meetings (Moonee Valley, Canterbury & Cranbourne only) televised on the TVN channel from Friday 28th September 2012 to/and including Friday 12th April 2013.
- In the case of a tie, a count-back system will be used and the winner will be the Entrant with the most wins. If those Entrances have an equal number of wins, then it will be determined by which of those Entrants have the most seconds. If those Entrances have an equal number of wins and seconds, then it will be determined by which of those Entrants have the most thirds. In the case of a tie of more than 10 people after count-back, a random draw will be done to select a winner.
Starting and Closing Dates
The tipping competition will commence on 28 September 2012 and close on 12 April 2013.
Details and Value of Prizes
- All prize values are in Australian dollars and are correct at the time of printing.
- Each prizes (for each Race Meeting or the major prize) will not exceed A$2,000.00.
- Prizes do not include any travel costs. Prize winners will have to make their own travel arrangements to redeem a prize if necessary.
- Prizes will be sent to winners via postal delivery (or by alternative means if agreed).
- When winners are notified, they will be asked to verify their entry details. The Organiser reserves the right to request winners provide proof of identity and/or proof of employment in order to claim a prize. Proof of identity and/or entry validity considered suitable for verification is at the Organisers' discretion. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- Prizes unclaimed after a period of three months after the relevant winner is announced will be forfeited and a countback will immediately occur and the person in second position will receive the prize.
- One prize (for one winner of each Friday night race meeting) will consist of:
- A 6 month subscription to a Racing Network Vision Package (valued at $100)
- The Major prize for one overall winner will consist of:
- Two tickets to a hospitality marquee at either the 2013 Golden Slipper OR 2013 Cox Plate (valued at approximately $1,000). The winner will also receive a Rydges Weekend Escape package consisting of one nights accommodation for two people at any of their 41 Hotels & Resorts in Australia and New Zealand. Your package will include overnight accommodation in a standard room and breakfast for two the following morning (value $290.00)
How Winners Will Be Notified
- All weekly prize winners and the major winner will be notified by email.